Fracture of tooth is considered as the third most common cause of tooth loss. It can happen due to various factors such as
- Accidental biting on hard objects
- Injury to chin or jaw during fall, road accidents, contact sports and so on
- Age changes in enamel and dentin
- High biting forces
- Grinding of teeth
- Extensively large fillings
Tooth fracture commonly involves enamel and dentin but sometimes nerve and root of the tooth also may get involved.
Based on the extent of fracture the treatment plan also differs:
- When fracture of tooth is limited to enamel and dentin (the two most outer layer of the tooth) it can be repaired cosmetically by tooth colored fillings
- If the fracture extends till the pulp or nerve of the tooth, then root canal treatment is suggested. In the following visit final filling with cap will be
- In case of complete vertical fracture, if the prognosis is very poor, tooth removal is
If you or your dear ones experience any type of tooth fracture, please visit your nearby Dentist immediately for a good prognosis!! For any type of dental emergencies, call us at 9108918009. At Zen Dental we are well-equipped to take care of any type of dental emergencies that may happen to you!