Re-root canal treatment (Re-RCT) is a procedure where in, root canal treatment is repeated on the same tooth. Usually root canal treatment has a high success rate, but sometimes it can fail and that is when Re-RCT is recommended.
Why we need to undergo Re-RCT?
Following are the reasons why Re-RCT is indicated:
- Incomplete removal of bacteria
- Missed roots or canal
- Breakage of Instrument
- Broken tooth or crown
How will you come to know that the initial root canal treatment has failed?
- Patient complains of having pain and discomfort while chewing food.
- Swelling around the tooth
- Pus discharge
How dentists do Re-RCT?
- Re-RCT is very similar to the regular root canal treatment.
- This procedure needs most probably 2-3visits depending on the severity of the case.
- In the 1st visit, the dentist will remove the cap or the filling.
- After that, the dentist will remove the materials which were placed inside the canals and clean them properly.
- After the cleaning of the canals, the dentist will apply an anti-bacterial paste and seal it with a temporary filling. This paste will help to kill the bacteria present inside the canals.
- On the next appointment the dentist will remove the paste and again clean and shape the canals.
- After this, once again the canals will be filled and a cap/crown is advised for additional support and protection of the tooth.
At Zen Dental and Health Care, we have been very successful in doing Re-RCT’s from our highly experienced and specialised Endodontists. For consultations, you can contact us at +91-9108918009.