Are you getting your first dental crown? Is it painful to get a crown fixed on your tooth? These are the common questions that patients ask while they mentally prepare themselves to get a crown fixed. Many anticipate pain associated with dental anxiety especially if it is a missing or a damaged tooth that needs to be crowned. The crown is a tooth cap with cemented restorations which completely caps the weakened tooth. A tooth that chips over the years and cannot be restored with a regular filling will need a crown. There are different types of dental crowns that are available for teeth restoration. Your dentist will recommend the different types of crowns which suits your condition the most. If you are planning to get a dental crown, you must ensure it is strong, lasts the longest and is the right color match to the rest of the teeth.
Types of crowns for your tooth:
- Metal crowns:
- They are durable and long-lasting.
- These crowns strengthen the weak structure of the tooth.
- However, they are aesthetically less appealing, as the visible metal in the mouth shows every time you open your mouth to speak or to eat.
- PFM crowns:
- The porcelain fused to metal crowns (PFM crowns) has an outer covering of porcelain which is tooth-colored and inside there is a metal alloy.
- It is a great option for the ones who are looking at aesthetics as well as function.
- The biggest downside of sporting a PFM crown is, as time goes by, the unsightly black metal line at the top of the teeth becomes visible.
- ZIRCONIA Crowns:
- On the flip side, the extremely popular zirconia crowns are most recommended by dentists.
- They are aesthetically superior and functionally very strong.
- They can be used as crowns on any teeth.
At Zen dental, Dr. Anitha Alageshan along with her dedicated team of Doctors possesses excellent knowledge in oral health coupled with good judgment and professionalism. You can restore the form, structure and the appearance of your tooth with Zirconia dental crowns as it gives a perfect shape to your teeth and mimics the teeth to their natural form. It is superior in terms of quality and durability with high aesthetic appeal. So what are you waiting for? Opt for Zirconia crown for a picture-perfect smile.